This side dish featuring crispy bacon with mushrooms is a perfect accompaniment to a grilled steak or chicken.
The bacon is fried until it’s almost crispy, and the onions cook until they’re tender. Then the sliced mushrooms are added and cooked until they’re lightly browned. You’ll love this combination of flavors, and the easy recipe is adapted from the cookbook 101 Things To Do With Bacon by Eliza Cross.
Amazing Mushrooms with Bacon
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 pound medium-sized button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until almost crisp. Add the onion and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and lightly browned.
Add the mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chives and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Your friends at BENSA