We love these super-easy Parmesan bacon crackers, which always elicit oohs and ahhhs when you bring a plate of them to a gathering.
The bacon slow-cooks and turns perfectly brown and crispy, and the drippings infuse the crackers with divine bacon-y flavor. A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese adds even more savory flavor.
We like to use club crackers for this recipe, because the rectangular shape is the perfect fit for 1/3 slice of bacon.
Why These Crispy Bacon Cracker Snacks are Worth Making
- You can make them ahead of time, so you can enjoy the party.
- They’re simple to assemble and bake.
- Your friends will rave about these bacon crackers. Promise!
- They freeze well (see directions below).
The Ingredients You’ll Need
You might already have the three ingredients on hand to make these tasty appetizers: thick sliced bacon, club crackers and shredded Parmesan cheese. You’ll love how these simple ingredients make such tasty appetizers!
Step by Step Directions
After preheating the oven to 250 degrees F, arrange the crackers in a single layer on two parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Sprinkle each cracker with a teaspoon of shredded Parmesan cheese and top with 1/3 slice bacon.
Sprinkle the bacon with a little more Parmesan cheese.
Bake for an hour, or until bacon is browned and crisp.
Drain on paper towels and serve.
Freezing and Reheating Directions
After cooking the bacon crackers, cool them completely on a wire rack. Stack them inside a zip lock freezer bag and tuck them in the freezer. They will freeze nicely for 3 to 4 weeks.
To reheat the crackers, remove them from the freezer, arrange them on a baking sheet and let them thaw for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and heat them until they’re hot and crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Bacon Holiday Appetizers
Can I make these bacon crackers with regular sliced bacon instead of thick sliced?
Yes, just reduce your cooking time and keep an eye on them toward the end of cooking so the bacon doesn’t overcook.
You sure can. The club crackers’ rectangular shape makes them a good fit for the bacon, but feel free to experiment with other cracker shapes and sizes.
Yes. You can even use the grated cheese in the green can if that’s all you have on hand.
This recipe was originally published on February 2, 2013, and was completely updated with new photos and directions on May 15, 2021. It’s adapted from the original recipe in BENSA founder Eliza Cross’s bestselling cookbook 101 Things To Do With Bacon (Gibbs Smith, publisher).
Parmesan Bacon Crackers
- 2 large baking sheets
- Cutting board
- parchment paper
- Kitchen Shears
- paper towels
- 36 buttery rectangular crackers, like club crackers
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 strips thick-sliced bacon, cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange 18 crackers in a single layer on each of the two baking sheets.
- Sprinkle each cracker with a generous teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and top with 1/3 slice bacon. Sprinkle each bacon slice with a pinch more Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an hour, or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm. Makes 36 pieces.
If you enjoy this recipe for Parmesan Bacon Crackers, we’d be thrilled if you clicked the little stars above and gave the recipe a 5-star rating.
Are you on Pinterest? You can save or share the recipe with this handy pin: