Perfect for your next brunch or gathering, this Bacon Bloody Mary Recipe features bacon-flavored vodka, a zesty homemade Bloody Mary mix, a crispy bacon swizzle stick, and tasty garnishes.
You’ll love how the tangy flavors of the tomato juice cocktail mingle with the smokiness of the bacon vodka and the delectable garnishes.
They’ll elevate your brunch to a whole new level, and pair wonderfully with Bacon Cheddar Mini Quiches.
For extra flavor, you can coat the edges of your glasses with bacon salt or this lemony salt.
Lemon Zest Rim Salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
Zest the lemons and combine the zest with the salt in a small bowl; stir until combined. Spread the salt on a plate and allow it to dry for 1 hour.
To rim glasses with salt, pour the mixture in a shallow saucer (one that’s larger than your glasses). Rub the edge of each glass with a cut lemon or lime, and dip the rim in the salt, turning to coat evenly.
Gently shake off any excess lemon salt and allow to dry for 15 minutes.
Store any extra salt in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes 1/4 cup.
Bloody Mary Garnishes
Here are some of our favorite garnishes for Bloody Marys:
- Bacon swizzle sticks
- Celery stalks
- Green or black olives
- Baby dill pickles
- Cocktail onions
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Baby mozzarella balls
- Pickled green beans
- A strip of curly bacon
- Baby cherry tomatoes
- Bell pepper slices
- Cucumber spears
- Chilled, peeled shrimp
The sky’s the limit when it comes to Bloody Mary garnishes. Perhaps you’ve heard of the wild and crazy Bloody Marys served at Sobelman’s Pub in Wisconsin. The Bloody Beast comes garnished with everything but the kitchen sink, including sliders, bacon-wrapped cheese balls, and a whole fried chicken!
You can also make small bacon Bloody Marys in shot glasses for your next party, like these petite offerings from BaconFest Chicago:
Are you ready to mix up some beautiful Bacon Bloody Marys? Let’s get busy!
Best Bacon Bloody Marys
- 1/4 cup kosher salt for rimming glasses
- 2 lemons
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup bacon vodka
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 generous dashes hot sauce like Cholula
- 6 strips thick bacon crisply cooked and drained
- 6 celery stalks I like the tender inner stalks with leaves
- 12 large pimento-stuffed green olives
- additional garnishes of your choice
- Pour the salt in a saucer larger than your glasses. Cut one of the lemons in half and run the cut side around the edge of a glass. Dip in the salt and set aside to dry. Repeat with remaining glasses and set aside to dry.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons into a large pitcher.
- Add the tomato juice, bacon vodka, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, celery salt and hot sauce and stir to blend.
- Fill six glasses with ice and pour the Bloody Mary mixture over. Garnish with bacon strips, celery sticks, olives, and any additional garnishes you wish. 6 servings.
If you enjoy this Bacon Bloody Mary recipe, we’d be thrilled if you clicked the little stars above and gave the recipe a 5-star rating.
Are you on Pinterest? You can save or share the recipe with this handy pin:
Let’s stay together! We love connecting with bacon lovers on social media:
We’d love to share your bacon photos and culinary creations! If you make these Bacon Bloody Marys, tag us at @bensabaconlovers or use the #BENSA hashtag!
~Your friends at BENSA