You’re going to love this roundup of the best pasta with bacon recipes. Seriously, is there any more comforting combo? Whether you’re craving a classic Spaghetti Carbonara recipe or an easy chicken bacon ranch pasta, we’ve got you covered.
These mouth-watering meals feature a variety of your favorite tasty noodles, including spaghetti, penne, macaroni, bowtie pasta and more. For the most perfect pasta, be sure to check out our cooking tips below!
You’ll love the flavors of pasta and bacon combined with delicious ingredients like chicken, lobster, sausage, scallops and veggies in casseroles, skillet meals and even a slow cooker recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases and this post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure statement.
How to Cook Bacon for Pasta
Here at BENSA, you know our primary focus is all about the bacon! Ready to cook some crispy bacon to add to your pasta recipe? These are some of our favorite bacon cooking methods:
- Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- How to Make Bacon Lardons
- Cooking Bacon on the Grill
- The Best Way to Microwave Bacon
- How to Cook Bacon in a Crock Pot
- Making Bacon on a Pellet Grill
Prefer to cook bacon on the stovetop? We hear you, and here’s our favorite frying pan for cooking bacon.
10 Pasta Cooking Tips
For the most perfectly cooked pasta noodles, follow these helpful directions:
- Salt the water generously, to help flavor the pasta. The general rule of thumb is 1 tablespoon of kosher salt (or substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt) for every gallon of cooking water.
- Bring your water to a rolling boil before dropping in the pasta.
- Stir the pasta several times during cooking with a long handled fork so that it floats freely and doesn’t stick together.
- Don’t add oil to the cooking water, as this can later prevent the sauce from clinging to the pasta.
- Don’t cover the pot during cooking, or the pressure and heat will cause it to overflow. (Ask me how I know this!)
- The exact cooking time will vary depending on your altitude, the size of the pasta, how hot your stove cooks, and other factors. For an approximate cooking range, refer to a table of pasta cooking times or look at the manufacturer’s directions on the box.
- At the early end of the cooking range, check the pasta by tasting a strand. It should be al dente, or tender to the bite. If it’s too firm, cook a little longer. (But don’t throw it on the kitchen wall to see if it sticks, because you might damage your paint finish. Ask me how I know this!)
- Don’t rinse the pasta after cooking, as you’ll wash off the starches that help the sauce cling to the pasta.
- Serve the hot noodles or add them to the recipe right away, so they don’t stick together.
- Save a cup or two of the pasta cooking water while draining the pasta, in case you need it to loosen a thick sauce. Because the reserved pasta water contains starches from the pasta, it can be used to improve the consistency of a dish and make sauces more silky.
Best Pot for Cooking Pasta
When looking for the best pot for cooking pasta, find a nice deep pot that can hold plenty of water. The general rule is to allow 1 gallon of water per pound of uncooked pasta. This will give your pasta plenty of room to circulate in the boiling water and cook evenly.
A pot with a built-in strainer like the All Clad Stainless Steel Pasta Pot above makes it easy to remove the pasta, shake off excess water, and add it to another dish.
The Bacon Pasta Recipes
Let’s get cooking, shall we?
1. Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta – The Cozy Cook
2. Best White Cheddar Mac and Cheese (with Kale and Bacon!) – Good Life Eats
3. The Best Pasta with Lobster Bacon Cream Sauce – Sweet Tea + Thyme
4. Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta – Fantabulosity
5. Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta – Amanda’s Cookin’
6. Creamy Bacon Mac and Cheese – BENSA Bacon Lovers Society
7. Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato (BLT) Pasta – Lana’s Cooking
8. Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad – Barley and Sage
9. Pasta Carbonara – Chef Savvy
10. Easy Bacon Broccoli Pasta Recipe – The Forked Spoon
11. Linguine with Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, and Shallots – Good Life Eats
12. Creamy Pasta with Scallops and Bacon – Gastronotherapy
13. Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Pasta – The Magical Slow Cooker
14. Garlic Harissa Bacon Pasta – Recipes From A Pantry
15. Scallop And Bacon Pasta – Sabrina Currie
16. Garlic Chicken Parmesan Pasta with Bacon – BENSA Bacon Lovers Society
17. Bacon Pasta – The Cozy Cook
18. Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara – Sweet Tea and Thyme
19. Cheesy Bacon Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake – BENSA Bacon Lovers Society
20. Bacon Jalapeno Mac and Cheese – Baking Beauty
More Tasty Dinner Recipes with Bacon
If you love the flavor of tasty bacon at mealtime, you won’t want to miss these bacon dinner recipes!