These simple bacon heart appetizers topped with shredded Parmesan are the perfect savory treat for your favorite bacon lover.
Golden brown, crunchy and crispy, these bacon bites are extra flavorful because the bacon fat and cheese melt into the crackers as they bake!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure statement.
To make these heart shaped bacon appetizers, I used Valley Lahvosh’s heart crackers. If you don’t have these, no problem! You can use regular square or round crackers and make the heart-shaped bacon on top (see directions and photos below).
These heart bacon appetizers couldn’t be easier to make! Simply cut 1/2-inch strips of your favorite thick-cut bacon.
Lay it on the crackers and trim to fit. If you’re using regular round or square crackers, just use the bacon strips to make a heart shape!
If you’re using square or round crackers, you can arrange the bacon strips in freeform hearts:
Fill the center of each heart with a heaping teaspoon of shredded Parmesan cheese.
For square and round crackers, since the hearts are smaller you can sprinkle some of the cheese around the edges, too.
Bake in a 250 degree oven until they’re crispy and browned, about 45 to 60 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon you use. All the bacony, cheesy goodness will have baked into the crackers! Serve warm or at room temperature.
The bacon on the square and round crackers may shrink a bit (sort of like adult Shrinky Dinks!):
Here’s the easy recipe:
Bacon Heart Appetizers
- 30 heart-shaped crackers*
- 10 strips thick-sliced bacon
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the crackers in a single layer on the baking sheets. Cut the bacon in 1/3-inch strips and arrange on the crackers in a heart shape. Inside each heart, spread a generous teaspoon of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the bacon is browned and crisp, about 45-60 minutes depending on the thickness of bacon. Drain on paper towels and serve warm. Makes 30 pieces.
If you enjoy this Bacon Heart Appetizers recipe, we’d be thrilled if you clicked the little stars above and gave the recipe a 5-star rating.
For even more tasty bacon snacks, check out our roundup of 52 Best Bacon Appetizers!
Save for Later
Are you on Pinterest? You can save or share the recipe with this handy pin:
Let’s stay together! We love connecting with bacon lovers on social media:
We’d love to share your bacon photos and culinary creations! If you make these I Heart Bacon appetizers, tag us at @bensabaconlovers or use the #BENSA hashtag!
~Your friends at BENSA
P.S. These appetizers taste great with Bacon Bloody Marys!