Full printable recipe
"The flavor of this gravy is off-the-charts delicious!"
- Claudia L.
3 1/2 cups stock
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion
8 strips bacon
Salt and pepper
Full Printable Recipe
1. Brown the chopped bacon in a skillet.
Drain cooked bacon on paper towels.
Swipe for recipe
3. Pour the cooked bacon into the stock.
4. Let it steep for 15 minutes to soften the bacon and infuse the stock with flavor.
5. Add butter to the bacon drippings and cook the onion until brown and caramelized.
6. Sprinkle with flour, whisk to blend, and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the bacon and stock mixture to the pan, and cook until thickened.
Transfer in batches to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Get the recipe
Strain through a wire strainer, pressing on solids.
Return to stovetop, cook until thickened and season the gravy with salt and pepper to taste.