Let's Make Green Bean Casserole with Bacon!
This easy recipe features:
Tender Green Beans
"Big thumbs up!"
- Sue M.
"A hit for the whole family!"
- Tawnie K.
- 1 pound bacon - 1 sweet onion - 2 cloves garlic - 1 1/2 pounds green beans - 2 tablespoons flour - 3/4 cup chicken stock - 1 cup heavy cream - 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s browned and crispy.
2. Transfer the cooked bacon strips to paper towels to drain. Reserve pan drippings.
3. Add the sliced onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and caramelized.
4. Cook the green beans in a steamer over boiling water, until tender and bright green.
5. Melt the butter, add flour, stock and cream and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and coats the spoon.
6. In a large bowl, combine the sauce, green beans, the onions and half the bacon and Parmesan cheese.
7. Transfer to a casserole dish, top with remaining bacon and cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Serve and Enjoy!