How to Make Bacon Salt
"Makes a great gift!"
- Kristin W.
Bacon Salt is delicious on: *Popcorn *Grilled steaks *Corn on the cob *Baked potatoes *Bloody Marys *Burgers ...and much more!
– 1/2 pound center cut lean bacon – 1/3 cup Kosher salt flakes – 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke flavoring – 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Arrange the bacon strips on a baking rack set in a foil-lined baking pan.
2. Brush with Liquid Smoke and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F until brown and very crispy. Drain on paper towels.
4. Crumble the bacon into the bowl of a food processor, grinder or blender.
5. Pulse until finely chopped. Add Kosher sea salt flakes.
6. Pulse several times until salt and bacon are ground and combined.
6. Transfer to a glass jar or spice bottle with a lid.