How to Make Sweet, Chewy Maple Syrup Candied Bacon
"Love that sweet and salty combo!"
- Jessica F.
"So good with pancakes!"
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon - 1/4 cup bourbon barrel aged maple syrup - 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar - Freshly ground black pepper
1. Add the brown sugar to the maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture just starts to bubble.
3. Arrange bacon slices on a foil and parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F, brushing generously with the glaze during baking.
5. When done, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and cool for 10 minutes.
6. Serve and Enjoy!