How to Make Homemade Bacon Jerky!
"My kind of snack!!"
"This jerky is everything I love!"
Perfect gift for Bacon Lovers!
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon Optional Additions: – 1/4 cup sriracha sauce – 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes – 1/4 cup brown sugar - 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper – 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place an oven safe baking rack on top.
2. Arrange the bacon strips on the rack. It’s fine if they overlap a bit.
3. Bake at 225 degrees F for one hour. Remove from oven, check the bacon and blot with paper towels.
4. Return to the oven and cook for another hour. Turn the bacon over.
5. Continue baking until the bacon is very brown and crispy, about 2 more hours.
6. Variations: Add sriracha sauce and red pepper flakes for Sriracha Bacon Jerky, or brown sugar for Candy Bacon Jerky.
7. More variations: Add cracked black pepper for Black Pepper Bacon Jerky, or barbecue sauce for Barbeque Bacon Jerky.