You are going to love the flavors of these bacon breakfast sliders made with soft Hawaiian rolls. Layered with crispy bacon, creamy eggs, Colby Jack cheese, and melted butter, they’re so good on the soft, slightly sweet buns.
Creole seasoning, freshly ground black pepper, chopped chives and Parmesan cheese add even more flavor.
I served these brunch sliders for an early playoff game, and they disappeared so fast! They’re also good for a quick breakfast on the go, just like our bacon egg sandwiches and bacon cheese turnovers.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases. Please see our disclosure statement.
3 Tips for Outrageously Good Breakfast Sliders
These are my three secrets for breakfast sliders that stand out above all others:
Secret #1: Adding cream cheese to the scrambled eggs gives them the most incredible flavor and creamy texture.
Secret #2: After cooking thick-sliced bacon to perfection, if you break the strips in thirds and line them up in rows on the buns, the sliders are easy to cut and each one has a generous portion of bacon.
Secret #3: Move your oven rack to the center of the oven and bake the sliders covered with foil for the first 10 minutes, and uncovered for the second 10 minutes. They’ll be golden brown, with melted cheese and no soggy bottoms!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here’s a visual of what you’ll need to prepare bacon, egg and cheese sliders.
A few notes about ingredients:
- The eggs get extra flavor from creole seasoning salt and I’m a fan of Tony Chachere’s, but you can use your favorite blend.
- I used Colby Jack cheese, but you can use sharp cheddar cheese, Colby, Havarti, or your favorite cheese slices.
- Instead of sweet Hawaiian rolls, you can use dinner rolls or even mini croissants.
- Sometimes for extra flavor I’ll spread a little Dijon mustard on the bottom buns.
- These mini sandwiches are garnished with Parmesan cheese and chopped chives, but you could use poppy seeds, everything bagel seasoning, minced green onions, or chopped parsley if you prefer.
If you’re a visual learner like I am, here are the easy recipe directions for these delicious breakfast sliders.
(Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe card if you prefer!)
STEP 1 | Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish.
STEP 2 | Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally using a sharp serrated knife. Put the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared baking dish.
STEP 3 | Combine the eggs, seasoning salt and pepper in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined.
STEP 4 | In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the egg mixture and cook for several minutes, until curds start to form. Stir gently with a spatula, and scatter the cubes of cream cheese over the eggs.
Stir and cook the eggs just until the cream cheese is melted and the eggs are gently cooked. They’ll cook a little more in the oven.
STEP 5 | Spoon the fluffy eggs evenly on the bottom half of the buns.
STEP 6 | Top with the bacon strips, arranging them in vertical strips and making sure each bun has 3 pieces of bacon.
STEP 7 | Top with the cheese slices, completely covering the bacon.
STEP 8 | Place the top buns over the cheese slices.
STEP 9 | Brush the top of the rolls generously with melted butter.
Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking or until the cheese is melting and the buns are golden brown, about 10 more minutes (20 minutes total).
Cool for 5 minutes and use a sharp knife to separate the sliders.
STEP 10 | Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped chives. Serve and enjoy!
Storing and Reheating
If you have leftover bacon cheese breakfast sliders, cover them and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
To reheat, arrange the sliders in a greased baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven until hot, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Breakfast Sliders Make Ahead
It’s easy to make this Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders recipe in advance. Simply assemble the sliders through Step 8 but don’t brush with melted butter. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap to hold in the moisture, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then unwrap, brush with melted butter, top with foil and proceed with Step 9 of the cooking directions.
You may need to extend the cooking time a few minutes to offset the chill from being refrigerated.
We Live for Your Ratings and Comments!
If you enjoy this breakfast Hawaiian sliders recipe, we’d be stoked if you clicked on the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below and left a rating! We love reading your comments, too!
Here’s the full, printable recipe:
Bacon Breakfast Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- Large skillet
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- aluminum foil
- Cooling rack
- 1 package sweet Hawaiian rolls 12 rolls
- 10 eggs
- 1.5 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 strips cooked bacon broken in thirds
- 6 slices Colby Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- finely chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally and put the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, seasoning salt and pepper in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the egg mixture and cook for several minutes, until curds start to form. Stir gently with a spatula, and scatter the cubes of cream cheese over the eggs. Continue cooking, lifting the eggs with the spatula and gently incorporating the cream cheese, just until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and use a slotted spoon to evenly layer the eggs over the bottom buns.
- Arrange the bacon pieces over the eggs, lining up the bacon on the buns and making sure each bun has 3 pieces of bacon.
- Top the bacon slices with the cheese slices.
- Arrange the top buns on the cheese slices.
- Brush with the melted butter and put in the preheated oven. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking or until the cheese is melting and the buns are golden brown, about 10 more minutes (20 minutes total).
- Cool for 5 minutes and cut into individual sliders using a sharp knife. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped chives. Makes 12 sliders.
ADD YOUR OWN PRIVATE NOTES
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes!
Got questions? Just ask! I’m happy to help.
If you post your creations on social media, tag #BENSABaconLovers so I can share! Thank you for your support. – Eliza
Nutrition Disclaimer: All nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation. I am not a certified nutritionist, and any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline.
Save for Later
If you use Pinterest to save and share ideas, here’s a handy pin: